DULLES, Va.–(Organization WIRE)–International Wi-fi Methods (GWS) today declared AT&T concluded initially in GWS’ once-a-year OneScore position — the most definitive test of mobile community performance. As a consequence, AT&T attained the title of “Nation’s Ideal Network”, though Verizon concluded next and T-Cell positioned 3rd.
GWS’ OneScore position is the most definitive evaluation of today’s 4G/5G networks as it brings together managed, scientific tests of the key networks with consumer survey suggestions that identifies performance elements and characteristics most important to people. The 2021 OneScore study also concentrated intensely on consumers’ perceptions on 5G availability and positive aspects, as 62% of consumers surveyed indicated they had 5G protection offered where by they lived.
Wi-fi Community Benchmarking Benefits
AT&T networks been given top marks for video and voice effectiveness as very well as dependability, though Verizon had the speediest upload speeds and ideal coverage, and T-Cell did the best on the community ability worry checks. Highlights from GWS’ exams include things like:
- Download Speeds – Verizon was awarded best marks for the modest down load endeavor classification, these types of as acquiring app-relevant articles or loading website internet pages, though AT&T dominated the significant obtain endeavor category (receiving photos and movies).
- Add Speeds – Verizon experienced the swiftest add speeds for both equally little and huge add duties, this sort of as submitting social media content, shots, and movies. This is the second consecutive 12 months Verizon notched victories in these classes.
- Network Potential Pressure Tests – T-Cell experienced the quickest typical throughputs when GWS stress-examined the networks to spotlight the greatest throughputs achievable at any presented time Verizon was next adopted by AT&T.
- Data Dependability – AT&T had the greatest good results rate across the nation in finishing knowledge jobs adopted by Verizon and then T-Mobile.
- Movie Streaming – AT&T carried out best throughout the a few movie groups earning leading marks in both equally video top quality and the very least volume of buffering, and tying with Verizon for the fastest time to load a online video.
- Voice Calls – When asked if buyers could only use their mobile telephone for a person purpose or company, buyers indicated that making or getting voice calls was the most crucial cell cellphone function to them – continuing this craze from the final numerous OneScore surveys. AT&T fulfilled these consumers’ needs by topping the categories for best voice good quality, voice accessibility (optimum selection of successful connect with initiations), and voice retainability (minimum quantity of dropped phone calls).
- Coverage: AT&T and T-Cell both enhanced their service protection due to the fact our previous nationwide testing in 2020. Nonetheless, Verizon still has the most coverage in the places tested.
- 5G: As introduced previously in July, GWS’ once-a-year analysis identified that AT&T experienced the most reputable 5G nationwide community (finishing the most info transfer jobs done on its 5G networks) though T-Cell scored the quickest 5G throughput speeds all through GWS’ network capability stress exams. In general, when looking at all the 5G exam results (i.e., having into account dependability, facts duties making use of various file measurements, and video clip screening) and factoring in buyer responses, AT&T experienced the Ideal 5G OneScore followed by Verizon then T-Cellular. AT&T also experienced the Best 5G Movie OneScore adopted by Verizon then T-Cellular (taking into account movie quality, least volume of buffering, quickest time to load, and video clip achievement price together with shopper feedback).
“Most 3rd-occasion wi-fi network benchmarking corporations fall short to account for a important ingredient of community efficiency in their analysis – the wishes and desires of consumers who use these networks,” explained Dr. Paul Carter, founder and CEO of GWS. “Each 12 months, GWS seeks out buyer feed-back by means of the study part of the OneScore. This year’s survey final results showed people ended up considerably much more conscious and energized about 5G than they had been in 2020.”
OneScore 5G Shopper Survey Effects
The 2021 survey portion of the OneScore precisely centered on shopper perceptions all over 5G availability, rewards and use. Vital findings include:
- Client awareness and enthusiasm for 5G improved substantially from the former year. Approximately two-thirds (62%) of consumers reported 5G protection was offered in which they lived, up from 46% in 2020. On top of that, practically 75% of respondents are thrilled or relatively excited at the potential customers that 5G provides for future innovation.
- AT&T subscribers tapped into 5G added benefits the most. 73% of AT&T subscribers observed they had 5G coverage where they reside and 61% mentioned they had accessed 5G on their AT&T smartphone this 12 months.
- 5G drives amplified smartphone gaming. 76% of buyers who had obtain to 5G on their existing smartphone performed extra than 1 hour of game titles on their phone, when compared to only 56% of shoppers who played game titles on their 4G cellular phone.
To find out more about GWS’ OneScore and the 2021 Most effective Network Usa, check out www.gwsolutions.com/bestnetwork-usa.
Methodology and Notes to editors:
GWS performed immediate benchmark testing in all 50 states from March to July 2021. GWS drove just about one particular million miles across 498 marketplaces through the U.S. for the duration of the tests course of action, resulting in the completion of about 8 million specific managed exams.
GWS’ selection and evaluation of knowledge were being performed utilizing Rohde & Schwarz SmartBenchmarker examination products, Samsung Galaxy cell products, and GWS’ MobiStat info evaluation and reporting platform.
All survey figures, except stated usually, are from a examine commissioned by GWS and conducted by Toluna. Total sample dimensions was 5,000 older people (ages 18 and older). Fieldwork was undertaken amongst June 24 and July 12, 2021. The survey was carried out on the web. The figures have been weighted and are representative of grownup Americans.
About International Wireless Alternatives, Inc.:
Celebrating its 25th anniversary, World Wi-fi Methods, headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, has set the industry regular for community benchmarking, assessment and screening. Its proprietary OneScore community position brings together community screening facts with genuine-environment network use scenarios to make the final results relatable and effortless to recognize. Working with some of the world’s greatest wireless community vendors, GWS offers community engineering and client habits examination through a suite of goods, companies, and diagnostic applications. Regardless of whether it’s receiving customer responses (OneMeasure Buyer Panel) or having massive information access to do network overall performance evaluations (MobiStat), GWS provides methods that complement its push, venue and in-creating testing companies. At last depend, GWS has driven 14 million knowledge collection miles for its customers. For much more details, pay a visit to gwsolutions.com and comply with us on Twitter at @gwsolutionsinc.