New campus branding and other functionality are coming Saturday (July 10) to the 700-moreover campus sites that operate on SiteFarm, the UC Davis-designed net written content management program.
The rollout that is going on in just one particular weekend, the developers say, would beforehand have taken decades to achieve.
Information and Academic Technological innovation labored in close collaboration with Strategic Communications and SiteFarm users to prepare for the update. Website homeowners had the chance to see what the update would search like on their dev sites, and offer responses by using a study.
“Users have been active partners in the method and we’ve obtained a large amount of valuable feedback from them that we have made use of to make changes and prepare for the update,” stated Shawn DeArmond, SiteFarm website architect.
In addition to the new branding layout factors and shade scheme, the update will involve:
- New fields for write-up written content form for an enhanced journalistic presentation
- New fields for particular person written content varieties, which includes personalized pronouns and a unit discipline for which includes one particular person in multiple groups
- Column layout widget resource for improved in-web site content arrangement
- New configuration choices for hero banners and aspect packing containers
- Advancements to media handling
SiteFarm was produced by IET’s world-wide-web dev group making use of Drupal, an open up-source world-wide-web development system. It has given that turn out to be broadly utilized across the University of California. In fact, the idea for SiteFarm began in May 2015 at a Drupal conference exactly where net builders from UC Davis, UCSF and UCLA satisfied to go over how they could build a UC Drupal collaboration group.
Far more from IET’s TechNews
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or DCMA — UC Davis’ DMCA compliance program moved July 1 to the university’s Info Safety Place of work, and Jackson Muhirwe, deputy main information and facts safety officer, became the selected agent, succeeding Jan Carmikle, who retired at the finish of June. The 1998 federal act is created to secure internet assistance companies from copyright infringements by their network consumers. The DMCA addresses tunes, flicks, software package, textbooks — nearly anything that is safeguarded by copyright. This regulation applies to all people using the UC Davis network. Much more data about the DMCA is offered on IET’s stability webpages.
- Microsoft Groups — UC Davis transitioned to Groups Only method for all Skype for Enterprise On line end users on June 30, just one thirty day period prior to Microsoft retires Skype for Company. Microsoft hosted trainings for Microsoft Groups for all intrigued UC Davis staff members in March, and recordings of all those meetings are accessible below. A lot more information and facts about Microsoft Groups is obtainable in the UC Davis Know-how Base.